BAVI: BOLD | AUTHENTIC | VULNERABLE | INTELLIGENT
WHO WE ARE: BAVI is an inclusive - trauma informed, transformational and elevated learning experience, created to be bold, rooted in authenticity, vulnerability and intelligent content, led by 500HR yoga teachers Megan Davis + Tracey Duncko with supporting teachers.
- BOLD: This is a courageous outside the box program. We elevate individuality and respect the uniqueness of each other.
- AUTHENTIC: We encourage students to find their authentic voices as humans and teachers by honoring our stories and showing up unapologetically ourselves. Authenticity in the BAVI program shows up by honoring the voices, lineage and philosophies of yoga.
- VULNERABLE: This is a soulful program designed to embrace our feelings and offers the space to feel them deeply. We embrace the importance of transparency for ourselves and hold space for our fellow humans to do the same.
- INTELLIGENT: This is an honest, resourceful, knowledge dense training. As teachers we lead, empower, and teach with integrity. Showing you how to do the same.
- Styles of Yoga
- Fundamentals of Asana
- Yoga Philosophy I History I Lineage
- Anatomy of Breath I Our Nervous System
- Yoga Psychology I Energy Systems
- Pranayama [Breath Work]
- Asana Alignment I Modifications
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Meditation I Mindfulness I Yoga Nidra
- Finding your Authentic Voice I Self - Empowerment
- Trauma Informed Yoga I Somatic Practices
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- The Business of Yoga I Yoga Ethics
- Facilitating Sacred Space
- Yoga as Social Justice
- Students will receive an educational binder full of tools and materials to use as a reference during and post training. Each student will also receive The Yoga Toolbox Kit.
- Students are responsible for purchasing required reading materials. We leave this to you so you can burrow or make the most cost-effective choices for you. We are happy to provide sources for purchasing. A list of reading will be provided prior to the start of training.
- Homework will be required between training weekends [ taking yoga class, reading, journaling activities, practice teaching].
- Ample time will be spent on your mat in practice as well as practice teaching your fellow student.
- Final requirements for graduation will be given at the beginning of training and will be due by graduation day.
- Students will receive an unlimited yoga pass for studio classes during training. [If you have a monthly package I class passes] we will pause your membership during training.
* BAVI IS NOT a Yoga Alliance Registered program. *
We are very upfront and honest about this choice.
The global yoga landscape is changing, and our bold belief is while YA may have started out as a well-intentioned "non-profit", they are outdated. YA does not represent the ethics and inclusivity we work to embody. They do not provide adequate introspection, regulations and supervision to meet our standards in support and trainings.
YA is not a governing body. They are not a certification body. They are simply a "criteria-based model" which BAVI meets and exceeds their education standards.
BAVI has been carefully curated, offering a unique extensive program, rich with knowledge, exploring the depths of yoga roots, culture, principles, asana, various styles of practices + teachings, so you leave with a wealth of information and a network of resources to rely on. BAVI meets and goes above the YA standards for a 200HR training program.
A YA certified program is not required by all studios to teach, but we cannot guarantee a studio will not ask you.
Upon completion graduates will receive a certification of completion for BAVI 200HR yoga teacher immersion program from HARVEST yoga + wellness studio, and lead teachers Megan Davis + Tracey Duncko.
We would love to talk this through with you if you have any additional questions.
Fridays 5:30-9pm | Saturdays + Sundays 9am-5pm
3|1 - 3|3 3|15 - 3|17 3|22 - 3|24
4|5 - 4|7 4|19 - 4|21
5|3 - 5|5 5|11 + 5|31
6|1 + 6|2 6|14 - 6|16
This is an in-person training. Unfortunately, we cannot offer virtual options at this time. 100% attendance is encouraged for you to get the best experience possible. Missing more than 2 training days MAY result in a forfeiture of your ability to graduate.
INVESTMENT: Total $3,400
- A $500 deposit is required to register.
- Payment plans are available for the remaining balance after a $500 deposit is secured.
-  monthly payments of $725 are to be paid in full by graduation. Contact Nici at firstname.lastname@example.org to setup your payment plan.
- If you refer a student and they sign up for BAVI you can receive either $100 discount on your tuition or $100 studio credit.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.