BAVI: Bold Authentic Vulnerable Intelligent
OUR MISSION is to expand your yoga consciousness through philosophy, history, asana, anatomy and much more. This 200hr immersion will create a deeper connection between yourself and your yoga practice. You will be provided with the skills and wisdom needed to share your learnings with others as a teacher [should you choose].
BAVI is designed for ALL practitioners - any student looking to unearth a deeper knowledge and understanding of yoga, and for students looking to unlocking their unique gifts as a human and teacher.
WHO WE ARE: BAVI is an inclusive - trauma informed, transformational and elevated learning experience, Created to be be bold, rooted in authenticity, vulnerability and intelligent content, led by 500hr yoga teachers Megan Davis + Tracey Duncko. Supporting teachers Alexandra Krim, Dawn Mattingly, Nici Munyer + Robyn Robertson will be providing specialty training in their perspective areas.
BAVI CORE VALUES: The culture of our program and your experience.
- BOLD: This is a courageous outside the box program. We elevate individuality and respect the uniqueness of each other.
- AUTHENTIC: We encourage students to find their authentic voices as humans and teachers by honoring our stories and showing up unapologetically ourselves. Authenticity in the BAVI program shows up by honoring the voices, lineage and philosophies of yoga.
- VULNERABLE: This is a soulful program designed to embrace our feelings and offers the space to feel them deeply. We embrace the importance of transparency for ourselves and hold space for our fellow humans to do the same.
- INTELLIGENT: This is an honest, resourceful, knowledge dense training. As teachers we lead, empower, and teach with integrity. Showing you how to do the same.
- Styles of Yoga
- Fundamentals of Asana
- Yoga Philosophy I History I Lineage
- Anatomy of Breath I Our Nervous System
- Yoga Psychology I Energy Systems
- Pranayama [Breath Work]
- Asana Alignment I Modifications
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Meditation I Mindfulness I Yoga Nidra
- Finding your Authentic Voice I Self - Empowerment
- Trauma Informed Yoga I Somatic Practices
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- The Business of Yoga I Yoga Ethics
- Facilitating Sacred Space
- Yoga as Social Justice
- Students are responsible for purchasing the needed reading material so you have access to the most cost effective options for you. We are happy to provide sources for purchasing. A list of reading will be provided per your teachers, and a binder along with handouts will be given throughout your training.
- Homework will be required between training weekends [ yoga class, reading, journaling activities] are just a few examples.
- Ample time will be spent on your mat in practice as well as practice teaching your fellow student. A final project will be due upon graduation.
- Studio classes are included in your training. [If you have a monthly package I class passes] we will pause your membership during training.
* BAVI IS NOT a Yoga Alliance Registered program. *
The global yoga landscape is changing and our bold belief is while YA may have started out as a well-intentioned "non-profit", they are outdated. YA does not represent the ethics and inclusivity we work to embody. They do not provide adequate introspection, regulations and supervision to meet our standards in support and trainings.
YA is not a governing body. They are not a certification body. They are simply a "criteria based model" which BAVI meets and exceeds their education standards.
BAVI has been carefully curated over the last year, offering a unique extensive program, rich with knowledge, exploring the depths of yoga roots, culture, principles, asana, various styles of practices + teachings, so you leave with a wealth of information and a network of resources to rely on.
Almost all studios dont ask or care if your certification program was registered by YA, but of course we can not guarantee.
Upon completion you will receive a certification of completion for BAVI 200 hour yoga teacher immersion program from us.
We would love to talk this through with you if you have any additional questions.
PROGRAM DATES: [Fridays 6p - 10p] [Saturdays + Sundays 12p - 8pm]
INVESTMENT: Total $3,300
Payment plans are available. A $500 deposit is required to secure a spot.  payments of $700 is to be paid in full by graduation. Contact Nici at email@example.com to setup your payment plan.
If you refer a student and they sign up for BAVI you can receive either $100 discount on your tuition or $100 studio credit.