BAVI: Bold Authentic Vulnerable Intelligent
BAVI IS BACK!
We start MARCH 3RD, 2023
OUR MISSION is to expand your yoga consciousness through philosophy, history, asana, anatomy and much more. This 200hr training will create a deeper connection between yourself and your yoga practice. You will be provided with the skills and wisdom needed to share your learnings with others as a teacher [should you choose].
BAVI is designed for ALL practitioners - any student looking to unearth a deeper knowledge and understanding of yoga, and for students looking to unlocking their unique gifts as a human and teacher.
WHO WE ARE: BAVI is an inclusive - trauma informed, transformational and elevated learning experience, Created to be be bold, rooted in authenticity, vulnerability and intelligent content, led by 500hr yoga teachers Megan Davis + Tracey Duncko with supporting teachers.
BAVI CORE VALUES: The culture of our program and your experience.
- BOLD: This is a courageous outside the box program. We elevate individuality and respect the uniqueness of each other.
- AUTHENTIC: We encourage students to find their authentic voices as humans and teachers by honoring our stories and showing up unapologetically ourselves. Authenticity in the BAVI program shows up by honoring the voices, lineage and philosophies of yoga.
- VULNERABLE: This is a soulful program designed to embrace our feelings and offers the space to feel them deeply. We embrace the importance of transparency for ourselves and hold space for our fellow humans to do the same.
- INTELLIGENT: This is an honest, resourceful, knowledge dense training. As teachers we lead, empower, and teach with integrity. Showing you how to do the same.
- Styles of Yoga
- Fundamentals of Asana
- Yoga Philosophy I History I Lineage
- Anatomy of Breath I Our Nervous System
- Yoga Psychology I Energy Systems
- Pranayama [Breath Work]
- Asana Alignment I Modifications
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Meditation I Mindfulness I Yoga Nidra
- Finding your Authentic Voice I Self - Empowerment
- Trauma Informed Yoga I Somatic Practices
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- The Business of Yoga I Yoga Ethics
- Facilitating Sacred Space
- Yoga as Social Justice
- Students will receive an educational binder full of tools and materials to use as a reference during and post training. Each student will also receive The Yoga Toolbox Kit.
- Students are responsible for purchasing required reading materials. We leave this to you so you can burrow or make the most cost effective choices for you. We are happy to provide sources for purchasing. A list of reading will be provided prior to the start of training.
- Homework will be required between training weekends [ taking yoga class, reading, journaling activities, practice teaching].
- Ample time will be spent on your mat in practice as well as practice teaching your fellow student.
- Final requirements for graduation will be given at the beginning of training and will be due by graduation day.
- Students will receive an unlimited yoga pass for studio classes during training. [If you have a monthly package I class passes] we will pause your membership during training.
* BAVI IS NOT a Yoga Alliance Registered program. *
We are very upfront and honest about this choice.
The global yoga landscape is changing and our bold belief is while YA may have started out as a well-intentioned "non-profit", they are outdated. YA does not represent the ethics and inclusivity we work to embody. They do not provide adequate introspection, regulations and supervision to meet our standards in support and trainings.
YA is not a governing body. They are not a certification body. They are simply a "criteria based model" which BAVI meets and exceeds their education standards.
BAVI has been carefully curated, offering a unique extensive program, rich with knowledge, exploring the depths of yoga roots, culture, principles, asana, various styles of practices + teachings, so you leave with a wealth of information and a network of resources to rely on. BAVI meets and and goes above the YA standards for a 200hr training program.
A YA certified program is not required by all studios to teach, but we can not guarantee a studio will not ask you.
Upon completion graduates will receive a certification of completion for BAVI 200 hour yoga teacher immersion program from HARVEST yoga + wellness studio, and lead teachers Megan Davis + Tracey Duncko.
We would love to talk this through with you if you have any additional questions.
PROGRAM DATES: [Fridays 6p - 10p] [Saturdays + Sundays 12p - 8pm] One overnight retreat stay may be included in program date TBD.
Mar 3-5 | Mar 9-12
Mar 24-26 | April 14-16
April 28-30 | May 5-7
May 13th Demo Day
May 19-21 | June 2-4
100% attendance is encouraged, however, we do have alternatives for you should you miss a session. ZOOM is available with notice.
- Homework will be required for unscheduled missed trainings if you can not attend virtually.
- Makeup training days with specialty teachers or content may come with an additional cost.
INVESTMENT: Total $3,400
- Pay in full and save $400 by signing up today. Early bird sign ups have until Jan 1st 2023 to take advantage of this special. Use CODE: EARLYBIRD at checkout.
- For those taking advantage of our payment plan a $500 deposit is required to secure a spot.
-  monthly payments of $725 are to be paid in full by graduation. Contact Nici at email@example.com to setup your payment plan.
- If you refer a student and they sign up for BAVI you can receive either $100 discount on your tuition or $100 studio credit.